Brussels Halle Buizingen
The term "shiatsu" which ideogram for "指 圧" literally means "finger pressure". The reason is simple, this technique frequently uses finger pressure on specific points (the tsubos). In Shiatsu, the thumb is the most commonly used finger, but it also uses the palm of the hand (teisho), elbow (or empi hiji), knee (histui), the foot (koshi) ... Although Shiatsu uses the map of meridians of Chinese acupuncture is a therapeutic technique of Japanese origin, it uses no needle, just the parts of his body. Shiatsu is considered preventive medicine "unconventional worthwhile."
Shiatsu is a massage therapy from Japan, which with the touch will bring balance in the body, activate the natural forces of self-healing. Inspired by Chinese medicine, it aims to realign the KI (vital energy) is either lacking (Kyo) or excess (Jistsu).
Shiatsu theory is based on two energy poles Yin and Yang, which as everyone knows both complementary and opposed. But also the concept of the 5 elements (Wood, Fire, Earth, Metal and Water)
Namikoshi Sensei was at the origin of shiatsu as we know it. He realized that by applying pressure with his thumbs on his mother, he could relieve his pain, to relax, to revitalize. 40 years later, the Ministry of Health of Japan acknowledged Shiatsu as a wholly medicine.
A few years later, Sensei Masunaga (student of Namikoshi and author of several books references), made the decision to add to the traditional shiatsu principles of Chinese Medicine. Which made it a much more comprehensive medicine.
In 1997, the European Parliament recognizes shiatsu as one of the eight methods of "unconventional medicine of interest". In Belgium the Minister of the middle classes recognized as such.
Benefits of Shiatsu:
* It will reduce the stress that is acquired every day.
* It optimizes the ability to regenerate.
* Shiatsu relieves muscle and joint pains throughout the body.
* It helps to fight against depression especially against a "burn-out".
* It removes tension (physical or psychological) and stiffness.
* It gives an effect of relaxing and calming (it feels better lighter).
* Shiatsu provides greater vitality (it rises with envy).
* It calms the emotions (especially when they overflow)
* It promotes muscle flexibility which is very interesting for athletes).
* It harmonizes the body and mind (a healthy mind in a healthy body).
* It promotes concentration (very useful during exam period).
* Shiatsu facilitates relaxation (which the twenty-first century is not a luxury).
* It helps prevent constipation.
* Shiatsu allows to find a better self-image and thus gain confidence.
* It revitalizes our senses. (This will allow better orientation in life).
* It strengthens the recovery faculties (in difficult times it is necessary).
* Shiatsu removes fatigue (poor fatigue, which leads to stress).
* Shiatsu helps to reduce insomnia and sleep better as well.
* It increases the strength of the immune system and allows to spend the winter dry.
* Shiatsu reduces nervousness and anxiety, which are often poor counselors.
* It calms the fears and anxieties. This will allow you to breathe better.
* Shiatsu can feel a great inner well-being and makes you calmer.
* It dispels the physical or emotional blockages and allows you to move forward.
* It improves blood and lymph circulation.
* Shiatsu relieves pain (especially those related to bad posture during labor, Back, Shoulder, Neck). What today is a pure delight.
* It allows a moment of great relaxation and allows a moment to forget everything.
* It relaxes and tones the muscles in depth, making the most efficient.
* Shiatsu helps revitalize, invigorate the body.
* It fosters creativity and intellectual skills, which is very useful today.
* It helps in the release of neuronal hyperactivity and therefore less think.
* It allows a better flow of energy.
* Shiatsu helps to calm menstrual pain. Which for some women would be a little happiness.
* A shiatsu session is about 1 hour, I will ask you just 60 €. If you have any questions , you can reach me by phone or email. The session is only by appointment.
* I also suggest a shiatsu session for pregnant women. An hour that is fully dedicated to you. The session will do the greatest good to you and your future child.